Sunday, July 15, 2007

Worlds of Fun Trip

Okay, let me first say we had a fantastic time at the park. I will now tell you that I am entirely too old and too fat for this shit!! LOL! Yesterday went really well. We left early since we had a 3 hr drive to the park. Had to drop off Colby at Grandma's and the dog off at Anne's house, and we were off. We stopped for breakfast on the way, and got to the park just after 11:00 am. There was no crowd at the front gate and since we bought our tickets in advance we walked right through. One of the biggest roller coasters is right at the front of the park so we started there. It's one that hangs from the rail as opposed to being in a car on top of the rail. As we walked up to the entrance we were stopped by an attendant who had to measure both kids. Christian was fine, Kennedy was about 2 inches too short, and PISSED! So.....they allowed Kennedy and Joe to go up the exit and when Christian and I made it through the line we did a parent swap so both of us could ride. Christian basically got to ride two times in a row. For being his first roller coaster, he did really well. Well, we found that there were a total of three rides that Kennedy would not be tall enough for, and I had no interest in one so stayed on the ground with her while the boys rode it and the other we didn't even look at. It was a really hot day and I started to notice that I wasn't feeling well. I figured I was pretty dehydrated and started downing water. But, as some of you may know, by the time you realize you're dehydrated it's usually too late. I just got progressively worse, I stopped riding the coasters, continued to drink water and stay in the shade. We even went into an air conditioned show so that I could cool off. I knew that we were close to leaving, so was trying to suck it up for just a bit longer. We made our final trip around the park, riding for a second time those coasters the kids liked best. We had skipped one and saved it for last, since it was close to the exit and I hadn't been feeling well. I felt obligated to ride since it was two to a car and I didn't want either one of the kids to ride without an adult. I felt like shit and was soooooo done. The decision to ride was a REALLY bad one. The ride is short, THANK GOD! You ride it normal and then when you hit the end of the ride, you ride it in reverse! Loops, corkscrews and everything. Yep couldn't get me out of there fast enough. I about tossed my cookies, I was dizzy, had a pounding headache, and was felt like I was going to pass out any moment. I went into the bathroom, and AHHHHHH, it was air conditioned, I stayed for a few minutes, but we had to go. We got to the front of the park, and the kids reminded us that we still had to buy T-shirts. We went into the gift shop, Joe took one look at me, sent me out to get a water and sit down. He quickly got the t-shirts handled and then came out to where I was sitting. He started putting ice on my pressure points trying to cool me off, I could tell he was getting really worried. I told him I just wanted to go, and we headed to the car in the parking lot. Once I got into the air conditioned car and continued to drink water, I was feeling better, but still wasn't 100 percent for a couple hours. All in all it was a great trip, the kids were very well behaved. Kylie would not have had fun yesterday. She is just not a roller coaster kind of girl!! Oh and did I mention that I did all of this on 1 hr of sleep??? Good Lord, i'm a dedicated mom!

1 comment:

Aunt Julie said...

Just so you know Sam, Kylie did ride the roller coaster at Santa's Workshop. It was not the first time around (she watched the other kids ride) but later in the day she got on it! Of course, it was a kiddie coaster and not anywhere near the WoF type but she did like it and I've got photos (on the camera) to prove it! And, more oddities...she rode the scrambler TWICE! It goes 50 mph! I couldn't believe it!